This little girl is afraid of bugs. Not just eeewww....yuck. Like, truly scared. Like, scream (shriek) just like in the movies every time she sees one. And here's the big problem. It seems that the box elders have nested in the floor vent of her room. They are everywhere. And she can spot them instantly. She can be playing up in her room with her dollhouse and suddenly I hear a shriek and then, "Mom, BUG!!!" And then I go in and grab them. We were vacuuming them up a couple times a day. Now I've taken to just grabbing them and squashing them in my fingers or flushing them down the toilet. Take note: these guys are hardy. Don't just wash them down the sink gently, they will crawl back out. Henrik is a bit disappointed that his little girl is such a girl when it comes to bugs. I told him he's already got two boys, what does he expect? Anyway, poor Elizabeth, living in a room of bugs. I'm starting to worry we're going to need professional help. With the bugs, I mean. This morning, for April Fools Day apparently, the boys thought it would be funny to collect the bugs in the sugar bowl of Elizabeth's tea set...and serve them to her. Yeah, this is a really great joke for a 3 year old deathly afraid of bugs. She ran to me screaming and clung to my legs. Meanwhile the boys brought me the bug filled bowl. Yuck. I almost screamed myself.
So, there you have it. Life in the bug filled Winter household. Happy April Fool's Day.
The picture above shows Elizabeth, happy that I have collected all the bugs she found and excited with her new toothbrush.
No comments:
Post a Comment